March 6, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Siemens said it has bagged Rs 130 crore order from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company
- Rural Electrification Corporation tax free bond issue to be open today, which will raise Rs 3000 crore.
- RCom in a consortium led by IT firm HCL Infosystems have bagged the Rs 300 crore contract for Aadhaar
- Tata Communications plans to raise $2bn loan for Cable & Wireless Worldwide bid
- IDBI Bank launches India’s first online retail G-Sec portal
- Titan to expand eye-wear outlets to 250
- CNG rates up 5% in Delhi; IOC, Bharat Petroleum and others mull raising petrol prices by Rs 5/lt
- 60 cos may lose licence for going slow on coal blocks
- Axis Bank said it has raised $500 million (about Rs 2,250 crore) through bonds to fund its overseas expansion.
- Govt bans cotton exports with immediate effect
- HSBC’s Business Activity Index for Services fell to 56.5 in February from 58.0 in January.
- Jaguar Land Rover, Chery await ‘okay’ for $2.8 bn China JV
March 5, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Infosys to set up Rs 100-cr development centre in Nagpur
- Aditya Birla Group to up R&D spend to 1% of revenues
- Govt counters RIL charges on natural gas pricing
- Realtors seek relaxation in FDI, ECB norms in the forthcoming Budget for 2012-13
- Power Grid likely to get Rs 1,980 cr from IFC
- LVMH arm L Capital Asia to put Rs 750 crore in Raymond Apparel
- MRPL plans to cut its annual import deal with Tehran by as much as 44 pc
- Power companies to up tariffs 33 per cent due to rise in cost
- MCX plans post-Holi listing on BSE, possibly on March 9
- ACC to add 5 mtpa capacity in next 3 years
- RIL hikes stake in EIH to 18.53 per cent, buys 3.73 per cent for Rs 192 crore
- Govt to miss sell-off target by Rs 26,000 crore
- China sets 2012 economic growth target at 7.5 pc
- Putin Wins Vote but Faces More Friction With Opponents
March 3, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Hero MotoCorp of India in Talks With Bankers on Possible Ducati Purchase
- GMR Power wins Rs 537-crore payment case against Tamil Nadu Electricity Board
- Kingfisher misses deadline, more accounts frozen
- Cipla receives Rs 424 cr demand notices from NPPA
- REC board okays raising Rs 3,000 cr via tax-free bonds
- IDBI Bank to raise Rs 5,294 cr from share sale
- Delhi govt asks R-Infra to pay Rs 129-cr tax
- L&T has bagged new orders valued at about Rs 1,306 crore across various business segments in Feb.
- LIC pumped in Rs 12,000 cr to buy 400 mn ONGC shares
- Rs 25,000-cr support approved for railways in FY13 Forex reserves grew by $1.61 billion to $296.05 billion for the second consecutive week on the back of a rise in the core foreign currency assets.
- Moody’s downgrades Greece after debt deal
- EU to speed up bailout fund payments
March 1, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Walmart to sell Hero bicycles worldwide.
- DLF was conned out of Rs 291 crore by Hyderabad based top builder.
- Bata India net profit rose by 30.99% to Rs 45.05 crore for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011, over the same period previous year.
- Muthoot Finance today said its Rs 500-crore bond issue, the third this fiscal, will hit the market on Friday.
- Oil companies hiked jet fuel price by 3.2% on the back of firming up of international oil rates.
- LIC and IIFCL are expected to acquire stakes in the government’s ambitious $100-billion Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor project, an official said today.
- Bajaj Auto said it is recalling “some” of its motorcycles to address the problem of faulty starter motor.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries has got an approval from US Food and Drug Administration for its abbreviated new drug application, Olanzapine orally disintegrating tablets.
- BGR Energy wins NTPC deal for super-critical boilers.
- Govt’s fiscal deficit breaches annual target in January.
- Standard Chartered Profit Reaches Record $4.75 Billion.
- ECB hands out $712 billion in low-interest loans to banks.
- US companies and businesses are keen to invest in India, particularly in infrastructure, energy and healthcare sector.
February 29, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Bosch reported 30.7% rise in net profit to Rs 1,122.6 crore for 2011
- Essar Shipping said it has inducted a new vessel in its diversified fleet, as part of $one billion capital expenditure plan
- LIC has sold about 2% stake in Tata Global Beverages for Rs 161 crore over 19 months starting August 2010.
- Tata Consultancy Services has bagged a contract from South Africa’s Nedgroup Insurance Company for deploying its financial services platform
- Govt approves 5% ONGC share sale through auction
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals said it has redeemed outstanding overseas securities worth $167.64 million (over Rs 820 crore) on the due date
- Shasun Pharmaceuticals said its board has approved to sell 11.9% stake to US- based healthcare investment firm OrbiMed for Rs 50 crore
- RBI to meet bankers today on NPAs
- Forex reserves dip $10.5 bn in Sept: RBI
- Japan industrial production increased more than forecast, adding to signs that the world’s third-largest economy may return to growth this quarter
February 28, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Mallya considering 49% stake sale in Whyte & Mackay
- Bajaj Auto recalls Pulsar220 to fix faulty part
- West Bengal government would not grant any SEZ status to Infosys as sought by it in line with the Trinamool Congress stand on the issue
- Bank strike today, normal services may get affected
- Jaiprakash Associates said its shareholders and creditors have approved the hiving off of the cement business
- Gitanjali Gems is close to acquiring a jewellery retail company in China and hopes to announce a deal in the next 2-3 months
- DLF will soon launch a luxury housing project in Gurgaon with an expected sales realisation of about Rs 700 crore
- Tata Capital, in collaboration with private sector lender Axis Bank, have launched Tata Travel Card to provide travel and forex related services
- Domestic steel consumption in the first 10 months of the current fiscal grew by 5.5%
- FinMin asks banks to change fund transfer process
- Global banking giant HSBC Holdings Plc today posted a 28% jump in its net profits
February 27, 2012 — Pragmatic Investments
- Vedanta to merge Sesa Goa, Sterlite to create $20 billion entity
- BHEL’s exit from Udangudi Power depends on government’s offer
- Hindustan Construction Company in talks with lenders to refinance Rs 4347 cr debt
- Madhucon Projects has received a Rs 422 crore EPC order from Bharat Coking Coal
- Bandhan Financial Services plans to sell Rs 500 crore worth of farm loans to IDBI Bank
- NMDC to appoint 3 agencies for due diligence of stake buy
- ONGC spending Rs 26,000 cr on 10 oil clusters
- NTPC to invest Rs 24,000 cr in Andhra thermal power plant
- India Inc’s profit to rise by 9.4% in Q4: CMIE
- Govt may use 25% disinvestment money to revive sick units
- G20 moves to line up $2 trillion rescue deal in April
- Greece would face steep inflation, massive wage cuts and the destruction of currently healthy businesses if it quits the euro
- World Bank to China: Free up your economy or bust